This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is
an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with Host4Africa.com. If you engage in any of the
activities prohibited by this AUP document Host4Africa.com may suspend or terminate your account.
Host4Africa.com's Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for Host4Africa.com Services is designed
to help protect Host4Africa.com, Host4Africa.com's customers and the Internet community in general
from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the
actions prohibited by Host4Africa.com. Host4Africa.com reserves the right to modify the Policy at
any time, effective upon posting at http://www.host4africa.com/aup/.
Prohibited uses of Host4Africa.com's Systems and Services include:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorisation, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Host4Africa.com's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or resource hosted on Host4Africa.com's servers, is prohibited. Host4Africa.com accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Host4Africa.com customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Host4Africa.com hosted domain, or referencing any Host4Africa.com account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Host4Africa.com customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Engaging in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronised number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Host4Africa.com network or on another provider's network.
- Any application that overloads any of Host4Africa.com servers or the Host4Africa.com network by whatever means will be considered as making excessive use of Host4Africa.com resources, and is as such not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, excessive use of CPU resources or disk space, installing any unapproved servers, sharing scripts with domains outside of Host4Africa.com, or other scripts that use a disproportionate amount of system resources.
- Using Host4Africa.com's Services to interfere with the use of the Host4Africa.com network by other customers or authorised users.
Each Host4Africa.com customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Host4Africa.com, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of a Host4Africa.com customer will be forwarded to the Host4Africa.com customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the Host4Africa.com Acceptable Use Policy occur, Host4Africa.com reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating Host4Africa.com's AUP as Host4Africa.com deems appropriate, without notice.